Saturday 8 March 2008

Dan 'da man

Dan from All That Comes With It has given me free stuff, I love free stuff. He sent me a book about how to improve your blogging, lots of ideas and tips and tricks, all of which I will of course ignore to my inevitable regret.
While I'm almost certain that I should take it as a bad sign that a stranger should send me information on how to improve my blog at their own expense, I'll pretend that isn't so, and allow myself to believe that Dan is just a cool dude.

I jest, Dan, of course. You are cool. And no more so than for the following reason. next July, Dan will be walking 78 miles in aid of the Joseph Salmon trust.

The Joseph Salmon trust (as described in Dan's own words) "supports parents who have lost a child by providing financial assistance to those who need it most. This may be to help with funeral costs or to allow the self employed a break from work while they come to terms with their loss. Grieving families have enough to deal with without worries about where they will find the money to say goodbye to their child or pay the next electricity bill. Nothing we can do can make their situation better, but we can do something to stop it getting worse."

78 miles is a lot of miles. He could stay at home with his own cute kids, and blog, or surf the net or watch telly, but he's not, he's going to walk 78 bloody miles, for a GOOD cause.

Click here to read more about this, and if you think it's worthy, why not give a few extra clicks and support his action with a couple of quid, or bucks, or whatever you use to buy stuff.

Go on, pwetty pwease?

3 comments:

Momo Fali said...

Dan is the man! I nearly lost my son to a strep pneumo infection, so his journey is a very special one to me.

Anonymous said...

The book wasn't a hint, I just have read it a few times and thought I'd pass it on.

Martin said...

I know Dan, I'm just being git-ish ;-)

It is very very much appreciated. Above and beyond, as it were.